- The Vision underlying the workshop is the Berlin 2003 declaration: free & unrestricted access to human knowledge.
- Need infrastructure to complete the research cycle: discovery > reuse > storage and preservation, for data as well as papers, at an international access level. Establishment of online reputation for researchers is critical.
- Researchers have their existing discovery procedures; these are to be harmonised, not supplanted.
- We are already advanced in Global harvesting, preservation of papers, repository storage.
- A global network of repository infrastructure hubs, rather than one centralised infrastructure.
From Norbert Lossau of DRIVER
Posted by opoudjis at 12:41 AM